Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Selling the Honda

When my wife picked me up at the used car dealer where I sold the Honda her first question was, "Are you OK?"

It was a wonderful question for two reasons.  First and foremost it was a moving demonstration of her concern for my mental and emotional well being.  Second, because I had been thinking about it while waiting for her I was able to tell her honestly that I was just fine.

And I was and am.  I really liked that Honda.  It was as tricked out as a 2008 Accord could be.  Navigation system, bluetooth, voice command, SiriusXM, line in hook up for an mp3 player, dual climate control.  Great car - it was like getting into the cockpit of a small jet.  Great instrumentation, lighting at night was superb.  Great little car.

And it was easy to part with.  That surprised me a little.  But I didn't feel any regret.  Selling it was just something that had to be done quickly and efficiently - we simply couldn't afford the payment anymore.  So I sold it, easy.  Very pragmatic decision.  Made me feel good that I was able to act without regret.  Useless emotion when it comes to a car anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment